Title: RollerCoaster Tycoon® Adventures
Platform: PC and Nintendo Switch
Price: $49.99 (Switch) / $29.99 (PC)
Player: Single Player
Developer: Nvizzio Creations
Release Date: 12/13/18 (Switch), Q1 2019 (PC)
Game Overview: It’s time for some family-friendly Tycoon fun! With a cheery and bright new visual look and streamlined, user-friendly park simulation, RollerCoaster Tycoon ensures players of all ages and skill levels can create the park of their dreams. Players have three distinct game modes to build their entertainment empire — exciting Adventure Mode, tricky Scenarios and the open Sandbox. Over 120 wonderfully wacky rides, restaurants, and shops guarantee parks burst with eye-catching action, and the intuitive coaster builder lets players create wild, death-defying coasters with ease. Four unique themed environments, along with water and terrain options, ensure every park is distinct and exciting. Becoming a RollerCoaster Tycoon has never been this fun or this easy!
- Fun for All Ages: Streamlined management and easy-to-use tools make RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures the most accessible entry into the RollerCoaster Tycoon franchise.
- Exciting Game Modes: Create outrageous parks in three different fun-filled modes - Adventure, Scenario and Sandbox.
- Choose Your Own Adventure: A first for the RollerCoaster Tycoon series, Adventure Mode’s brand-new Event System makes every park unique. You’ll have to make tough decisions when presented with park events, ensuring that every playthrough of Adventure Mode is a compelling new Tycoon story.
- Customize and Personalize Your Park: Pick from over 50 vivid colors to customize rides, roller coasters, shops and restaurants. Transform your park by adding pre-made path, foliage and river tiles. And choose between four distinctive locations — Alpine, Moon, Canyon and Tropics, to build your incredible parks!
- Thrill Rides: Place seven types of fully customizable roller coasters in your park — Wooden, Steel, Winged, Hyper, Inverted, Dive and Accelerator.
- Attractions Galore: Choose from over 120 wacky rides, restaurants and shops for your park, from the humble Merry-go-Round to the death-defying Roto-Drop, all featuring advanced shaders and effects.
I remember playing the very first RollerCoaster Tycoon game on PC back in the day. It was back in 1999 and it was one of the first PC games I had ever played and actually played for hours and hours. I have also played RollerCoaster 1 and 2 so when I found out about RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures I just knew I had to get my hands on a copy for PC.
I have only played a couple of hours so far but I have been enjoying RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures.
I played a tutorial park which is great to get the hang of the game.
The Tutorial was very helpful because there are a few changes made from the previous games.
Then once I was ready I started my own park. As you can see from the photo below, I haven't made my park more appealing looking yet but I am waiting until my park makes more money to add trees and other things.
There are lots of rides, food stands, bistros, entertainers and so on to pick.
Maybe it is just my old and slow laptop but I found that the game freezes up or lags sometimes.
All in all, I do like this game and I will be playing it some more for sure.
This game is good for all ages.
I do recommend RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures.