Developer: Amplitude Studios
Publisher: Iceberg Interactive
Platforms: PC (Mac coming soon)
Genre: 4X strategy
Launch Date: July 4, 2012 (digital)
Price: Admiral Edition ($29.99), Emperor Edition ($34.99)
ESRB: Rating Pending
Press Site: http://endless-space.amplitude-studios.com/
In Endless Space, you play the role of the leader of one of the many intelligent beings in the galaxy at the beginning of the space age. Very quickly, you discover the remnants of an older civilization who called themselves the Endless. Among their ruins a form of matter with amazing proprieties, called Dust is found. It can be molded and shaped by what its user thinks, giving reality to dreams… dreams that lead to the extinction of the Endless.
Endless Space Features:
- A Born Leader: Guide one of eight civilizations as you strive for galactic dominion. Will you control the entire galaxy through subtle trade and diplomacy, explore every corner of the universe to find powerful artifacts and resources, overwhelm other civilizations with your advanced technologies, or destroy your enemies with massive armadas?
- Endless Discoveries: With hundreds of star systems to explore, different planet types, luxuries and strategic resources to exploit and the mysteries within the Dust to master, as well as host of strange scientific phenomena to deal with, there is no lack of challenge. Hire heroes to become fleet admirals or system governors and discover five hero classes and their unique ability trees and specializations.
- Space Opera: Experience Endless Space with state-of-the-art graphics and interface, switch between strategic battle decisions and long-term planning. Optimize each fleet for epic battles around contested stars. Create the perfect combinations from dozens of unique ships per civilization. Customize your ship with modules, armament, engines and special mods. The player has a plethora of choices of how to best destroy or dissuade his enemy.
- Take on the Universe: Play against up to seven opponents and build up – or break – alliances at will. Discover an innovative and dynamic simultaneous turn-based gameplay. Permit instant jump-in for ongoing online games. Define your own custom civilizations and confront the ones created by your friends.
- Endless Replayability: Control every new game’s scope, from a quick match-up to an endless war. Generate limitless random galaxies where every start begins a new adventure. Modify the size, shape, density, age and a lot more to create your ideal galaxy. Choose from different victory conditions and adapt your strategy on the fly.
- Emperor Special Edition: This edition offers an additional faction skin for the United Empire, the Sheridyn, the emperor Guard, flying re-skinned United Empire space ships. The Emperor Special Edition also includes a unique “Endless” hero who can join your empire. This sub faction and this hero have been designed in collaboration with the community. Finally, Emperor Edition owners get a special reward in the forums, as well as additional GAMES2GETHER points to have more impact on their votes.
- Creating GAMES2GETHER: Track the dev team’s objectives, progress and achievements. Participate in the creation of the game via the GAMES2GETHER initiative. Access early versions of the game and give your feedback to the dev team. Discuss current and future game features and expansions with the dev team.
I have tried to play this game a few times during the past week or so and I really can't get into it. First it took me a while to understand how to play this one but now that I understand how to play this I am actually enjoying it very much. If you are into 4X Strategy games I think you will enjoy this and be a little addicted to it like I am.
*The product(s) featured in this review were provided free of cost to me by the manufacturer or representing PR agency for the sole purpose of product testing. Opinions expressed are my own and are NOT influenced by monetary compensation*