calorie-free sweetener in a product that bakes and browns like sugar. Truvia®
Baking Blend, a blend of Truvia®
calorie-free sweetener and sugar, has 75 percent fewer calories per serving than sugar alone.
A half cup (125ml) of Truvia® Baking Blend has 190
calories and provides the same sweetness as one cup (250ml) of sugar, which has approximately
760 calories. Converting existing recipes is simple when substituting
for sugar, just use half as much Truvia® Baking Blend to create delicious, reduced-calorie treats.
The Truvia® Baking Blend package features a closeable, easy-to-pour spout. It is available at Walmart, Loblaws, Safeway, Overwaitea/Save On Foods, London Drugs, Sobeys Atlantic, Buy Low & IGA BC for a suggested
retail price of $8.99 per 680g bag.
Chocolate Chip Cookies with Truvía® Baking Blend
MAKES APPROXIMATELY 30 COOKIES
1 1⁄8 cups all-purpose flour
1⁄2 tsp salt
1⁄2 tsp baking soda
1⁄2 cup butter, softened
1⁄4 cup + 2 Tbsp Truvía® Baking Blend
1⁄2 tsp vanilla
1 large egg
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. Combine flour, salt and baking soda in a small bowl.
3. Beat butter, Truvía® Baking Blend and vanilla in a separate large mixing bowl. Mix in egg.
4. Gradually stir in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Drop rounded tablespoon on cookie sheets and press down to slightly flatten.
6. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned.
Now on to the giveaway. This is CANADA ONLY. Winner will get selection of baking tools and dessert stand (pictured below).