The product(s) featured in this review were provided free of cost to me by the manufacturer or representing PR agency for the sole purpose of product testing. Opinions expressed are my own and are NOT influenced by monetary compensation.
Locked out of the house by a group of ruthless intruders, one mother must summon every bit of her strength and smarts to save her children who are trapped inside in the edge-of-your-seat action thriller, BREAKING IN, arriving as an Unrated Director’s Cut on Digital and the all-new digital movie app MOVIES ANYWHERE on July 24, 2018 and on Blu-ray™, DVD and On Demand on August 7, from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment. Producers Will Packer (No Good Deed, Obsessed) and Gabrielle Union (Almost Christmas, Being Mary Jane) reunite for this original action thriller that follows a mother who encounters every parent’s worst nightmare. Bring home the film’s Unrated Director’s Cut on Blu-ray™, DVD and Digital and discover gripping never-before-seen content, including an alternate opening, deleted scenes and exclusive featurettes.
Shaun Russell (Union) takes her son and daughter on a weekend getaway to her late father's secluded, high-tech vacation home in the countryside where the family soon receives an unwelcome surprise from four men who break into the house in search of a hidden safe. After managing to escape, Shaun stops at nothing to turn the tables on the thieves and rescue her two children being held hostage in a house designed with impenetrable security. No trap, no trick and especially no man inside can match a mother with a mission in BREAKING IN. Directed by James McTeigue (V for Vendetta, Sense8), BREAKING IN also stars Billy Burke (Twilight Series), Aijona Alexus (“13 Reasons Why,” Acrimony) and Seth Carr (Black Panther).
BONUS FEATURES ON BLU-RAY™AND DVD
- Alternate Opening –The Gas Station with Commentary by Director James McTeigue and Scriptwriter Ryan Engle.
- One Bad Mother – Gabrielle Union shows that there is no limit to what a threatened mother will do to keep her children safe, and why a woman on a mission should never be underestimated.
- A Filmmaker’s Eye – The crew explores what makes Director James McTeigue's vision and style uniquely valuable when it comes to creating the right mood for the film.
- A Lesson in Kicking Ass – A behind-the-scenes look at how physically demanding the role of Shaun was for Gabrielle Union, and the steps production took to ensure the most convincing execution of the stunts throughout the film.
- A Hero Evolved – An inspiring account of how leading roles are shifting to embrace the qualities that more diverse actors can bring to the table.
- Deleted and Extended Scenes
- Feature Commentary by Director James McTeigue and Scriptwriter Ryan Engle
I had not heard about this movie until just recently when I was asked to review it. I love Thrillers and it did sound interesting so I decided to give it a try.
This movie was action-packed but the story was just ok. It had some issues and wasn't really believable . It was a OK movie but I don't think it is one I would watch again.
I give this 3 1/2 out of 5
Post a Comment