Rosemary Maple Bacon Wrapped Sea Scallops
photo and recipes courtesy of Chef Stefan Czapalay for Clearwater Seafoods
1 package Clearwater Bacon Wrapped Sea Scallops
1 cup maple syrup
4 tsp rosemary (finely chopped)
- Thaw Clearwater Bacon Wrapped Sea Scallops in package for 15-20 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Prepare sauce by combining maple syrup and finely chopped rosemary. Simmer for 2 minutes and let cool.
- Fold a 25-inch piece of foil in half. Spray one side generously with cooking spray.
- Place foil on grill greased side up and place scallops on foil (do not crowd.)
- Grill, lid down for 12-15 minutes, turning frequently, or until bacon is crisp and scallops are cooked.
- During the last 30 seconds, brush liberally with maple rosemary glaze.
- Let stand for a few minutes before serving.
Clearwater Bacon Wrapped Sea Scallops is available at available at Sobeys, Longos
Chef Stefan Czapalay – Biography
Stefan Czapalay, c.c.c. (Certified Chef de Cuisine), is one of Canada’s premiere culinary
activists who came to the forefront of the Canadian culinary scene in the early '90s.
He has been a guest chef at many of Canada's top cooking schools and represented
Culinary Team Canada for the World Individual Culinary Championships in Melbourne,
Australia where he won Bronze.
Growing up in rural Nova Scotia,he was a wild food forager at a young age.
He led groups of tourists on wild mushroom and otheredible plant expeditions. With a
focus on sourcing local food, Stefan opened his nationally--‐acclaimed restaurant, Seasons in Thyme in Prince Edward Island in 1993. It was awarded three stars from “Where to Eat in Canada” and Four Diamonds from CAA/AAA.
In 2001, Chef Stefan joined Clearwater Seafoods as their executive chef. Stefan has been actively involved in both product and customer development
inspiring chefs around the world with his dedication to sustainable harvesting and
Stefan’s relationship with Clearwater was born by chance after reluctantly testing their
frozen--‐at--‐sea scallops. As a firm believer of “fresh is best”, he was leery of trying the frozen product.
To his chagrin, Stefan was amazed by the incredible taste and by the frozen scallops’
ability to perfectly sear every time. For Clearwater and Chef Stefan, it’s been a match made in heaven ever since.
Stefan is a member of the CCFCC, IACP, Research Chefs
Association, La Chaîne de Rôtisseurs, the Opimian Society and a charter member of
Post a Comment